According to the report, 14 domestic-related calls were made to the Buffalo Grove home prior to the murder-suicide.

There are new developments in the north suburban Buffalo Grove murder-suicide that killed a grandmother, a mother, and her two young daughters.

The Daily Herald obtained records showing 14 domestic-related police visits to the Kisliak home between 2018 and September 2022.

There had been previous allegations of domestic violence in the home dating back to 2002. The reports are available on the village of Buffalo Grove’s website at www.vbg.org/2830acacia.

According to authorities, Andrei Kisliak, 39, murdered Amilia Kisliak, 4, Vivian Kisliak, 6, Vera Kisliak, 36, and his mother, Lilia Kisliak, 67. According to police, he died as a result of self-inflicted wounds.

Autopsies revealed that all of them died from “sharp force trauma” injuries.

Vera Kisliak made what appears to be a fateful decision a few weeks before her murder: she allowed her estranged husband, who had tormented and threatened her for months, to move back into her house.

According to Lake County court records, Andrei Kisliak’s increasingly erratic, menacing behavior began at least in July, when the couple began highly contentious divorce proceedings. Among other things, his wife told the court that her husband brought home prostitutes, heavily used drugs, followed her as she drove their children to school, stole her car, and threatened to kill her “and disfigure her in a way that no one will recognize her.”

The couple then asked a judge on Nov. 1 to modify a protective order that had barred Andrei Kisliak from the house and from seeing their children without supervision, allowing him to move back in.

Judge Marnie Slavin, who jailed Andrei Kisliak for contempt in September for repeatedly disrupting a hearing with profane outbursts, apparently had concerns as well. “The court strongly advised against this arrangement but the parties wish to proceed by agreement.” a handwritten note scrawled on the order reads.

Andrei Kisliak was born in Belarus, met Vera through friends, and visited her a half dozen times before they married in Minsk, according to Lysenko.

This fall, Andrei Kisliak painted a rosy picture of the divorce proceedings to friends, claiming the couple would go to counseling and reconcile, according to Lysenko. Andrei was especially upbeat after his mother, Lilia Kisliak, moved in late September to help care for the children.

According to court records, the day before the bodies were discovered, a hearing was held to discuss the sale of the Acacia Terrace house, which had gone into foreclosure. The attendance of Andrei Kisliak, who was acting as his own attorney after his first two lawyers withdrew from the case, is unclear from court records.

If you are experiencing suicidal, substance use or other mental health crises please call or text the new three digit code at 988. You will reach a trained crisis counselor for free, 24 hours a day, seven days a week. You can also go to 988lifeline.org or dial the current toll free number 800-273-8255 [TALK].

Leave a Reply

Up ↑

%d bloggers like this: