Police say a missing Massachusetts mother has not been seen since January 1st.

Officers of the law in Massachusetts are searching for a Cohasset woman who has not been seen since December 31.

Ana Walshe, age 39, was last seen in her Cohasset residence early on Sunday morning. Since that day, her cell phone and credit and debit cards have been inactive, according to Cohasset police chief William Quigley.

WCVB reported that Walshe was reported missing on Wednesday by her Cohasset-based husband and her Washington, D.C.-based employer.

Quigley stated that the family owns a townhouse in the nation’s capital, but noted that the Metropolitan Police Department in Washington, D.C., conducted a search of the residence and found no trace of Walshe.

Quigley stated, “She does work in D.C., and it’s not abnormal for her to work long hours and not contact the home,”

According to her friends, Walshe commutes to Washington during the week to work for the real estate firm Tishman Speyer, a position she began last year. Friends report that her social media accounts went silent on Sunday, when she was scheduled to catch a flight.

Alissa Kirby, a friend, described her as a “She’s a loving and loyal wife and mother of three beautiful boys.  She loves her family, and I know in my heart that of her choice, she would not go a day without speaking to her husband and her kids.”

Ana Walshe was last seen in the early morning hours of January 1st.

On Friday, the Massachusetts State Police Special Emergency Response Team and a regional police team spent the majority of the day searching the area along Chief Justice Cushing Highway near Walshe’s residence (Route 3A). Officers searched an area of approximately one square mile before calling off the search for the evening at approximately 6:30 p.m.

Saturday between 9:30 a.m. and 10:00 p.m., the search for Walshe in that region resumed. Saturday will see the K-9 officers of the Cohasset police department searching two additional areas.

Sky5 spotted a group draining and cleaning out Walshe’s swimming pool in Cohasset around 1:45 p.m. on Saturday.

At least one police officer appeared to be excavating old leaves from the in-ground pool’s bottom.

On Friday, as law enforcement searched for Walshe in the 700-block of Jerusalem Road in Cohasset, her former residence caught fire. Officials stated that the current occupants of the home called 911 when the fire started.

A source indicated that Walshe formerly resided at this address. Zillow shows the property was last sold on March 17, 2022.

Fire department officials said they worked for about an hour to douse the flames.

Most of their work had to be done from the exterior because of safety concerns, including a partial collapse of the roof.

Officials report that three adults and a child successfully escaped the home.

Quigley acknowledged the link and stated that any potential link between Walshe’s disappearance and the fire would be investigated.

A spokesperson for the Massachusetts Department of Fire Services, also known as the State Fire Marshal’s Office, stated on Saturday that Cohasset and state investigators determined that the fire at Walshe’s former residence was not suspicious.

The DFS spokesperson stated that the fire began in the vicinity of a natural gas fireplace insert’s damaged pipe.

A family member told police that Walshe was to take a ride-sharing service to Boston Logan International Airport on Sunday; however, officials confirmed with airlines that Walshe did not board a flight this week.

“She was reportedly summoned to Washington, D.C. to handle an emergency at one of the properties she manages. This is why she attempted to travel to Washington, D.C. (on New Year’s Day),” Quigley said. “She had a flight scheduled for January 3, but she never boarded it.”

State Police search an area off of Route 3A in relation to the investigation. Quigley stated that Walshe’s spouse, friends, family, and employer have cooperated with the investigation.

“Life can be difficult at times. She has small children – the oldest is 6 and the youngest is 2 – the holidays, working out of state – sometimes life is chaotic, and she may have needed a break; if so, we need a phone call from her or someone who has spoken to her,” Quigley said.

According to the police, Walshe stands 5 feet 2 inches tall and weighs 115 pounds. She has brown hair, eyes, and a complexion of olive.

Police also reported that Walshe speaks with an eastern European accent.

Anyone with information regarding Walshe’s whereabouts is urged to contact Detective Harrison Schmidt at 781-383-1055 extension 6108 or via email at hschmidt@cohassetpolice.com.

Leave a Reply

Up ↑

%d bloggers like this: